Clinical Operations Assistant
(Hybrid: In-person / online Berkeley, CA)
We are a group of motivated clinicians who serve adolescents, adults, and their families who struggle with mental health challenges including but not limited to trauma, anxiety, depression, ADHD, and substance use disorder (SUD). We offer telehealth, in-person, and hybrid services. We are team-oriented and value a positive, supportive, and creative workplace environment to complement the meaningful and challenging work we do. If you are a driven professional looking to contribute to the growth of a mental health practice, Family Spring is the place for you!
We are seeking a proactive and detail-oriented Clinical Operations Assistant. You are passionate about mental health, adept at balancing client-facing responsibilities with operational tasks, and have a keen interest in the building of a mental health space. You will support operational efficiencies and act as an assistant to our core systems administrator, the Clinical Operations Manager, allowing our clinicians to focus on their core work: fostering healing and growth in our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Reporting directly to the Clinical Operations Manager via consistent meetings as determined by the Clinical Operations Manager
- Acting as an assistant primarily to the Clinical Operations Manager, but also the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) as needed
- Performing administrative tasks (i.e., pick up and sort mail, scanning of insurance authorizations and uploading to a patient’s chart, etc.)
- Creating patient charts as delegated by the Clinical Operations Manager
- Reconciling charts / payments in our electronic health record (i.e., entering insurance payments, auditing clinicians’ charts to ensure proper payment has been collected, etc.)
- Coordinating incoming patient inquiries and maintaining waitlist (e.g., creating and updating our inquiries and waitlist database, etc.)
- Collecting data for the Clinical Operations Manager (i.e, gathering data for reports for contracts, data associated with payroll, checking clients’ insurance coverage, etc.)
- Meeting weekly with the Operations Team or as needed
- Assisting in the development and implementation of short- and long-term work plans and objectives for operational functions
- Acting as a communication liaison between our partner organizations (probation department personnel, health plans, etc.) and our clinical leadership team
- Attending and participating in clinical and administrative meetings
- Ensuring that our clinic remains a respectful, collaborative space for all co-workers
- Working a standard 40 hour work week M-F 9am – 5pm (with some flexibility/variation), with two days onsite in our Berkeley, CA office.
As an individual, the following must describe you:
- Able to follow clear directions
- Proactive, initiative-taker
- Capable of thinking outside of the box thinking
- Growth mindset-focused
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited school
- A minimum of 1 year administrative experience
- Availability for a 40-hour work week
- Administrative experience of 2+ years
- Experience working in or interest in the mental health industry
- An affinity for technology and its application in healthcare settings
- Salary: $48,200 – $59,350 per year. Salary is commensurate with relevant experience/training.
- Dental, vision, and health insurance (100% paid for employee)
- 11 paid holidays
- 2-weeks paid vacation
- 401k + employer contribution
- Upload your CV in the appropriate area of the link below (PDF uploads only, please).
- Upload a 3-paragraph (maximum) cover letter in the appropriate area of the link below (PDF uploads only, please). In your cover letter please address the three areas in the following order:
- Describe your experience in administrative support roles (one paragraph maximum).
- Describe your goals in taking on an administrative/operational role at a mental health practice (one paragraph maximum).
- Add anything else you think might be important for us to know about you, personally or professionally, regarding your application for this job (one paragraph maximum).
Please note: We serve teens, young adults, and adults from diverse backgrounds and life experiences. We endeavor to have a provider team that reflects our patient population, so we encourage people with lived experience, people of color, and LGBTQ+ professionals to apply.