Clinical Operations Manager
(Full time; Hybrid online / In office)
We are a group of motivated clinicians who serve adolescents, adults, and their families who struggle with mental health challenges including but not limited to trauma, anxiety, depression, ADHD, and substance use disorder (SUD). We offer telehealth, in-person, and hybrid services. We are team-oriented and value a positive, supportive, and creative workplace environment to complement the meaningful and challenging work we do. If you are an innovative mental health professional looking to both serve a diverse population and contribute to the growth of a mental health practice, Family Spring is the place for you!
We are seeking a proactive and detail-oriented Clinical Operations Manager. You are passionate about mental health, adept at balancing client-facing responsibilities with operational tasks, and have a keen interest in the building of a mental health space. Your experience, skills, and approach will enable you to drive operational efficiencies and act as a core systems administrator, allowing our clinicians to focus on their core work: fostering healing and growth in our clients. You are someone looking to grow into a core member of the Family Spring leadership team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing direct therapy to 12 clients weekly (on average), and maintaining all related clinical documentation.
- Administrative coordination (i.e., pick up and sort mail, scanning of insurance authorizations and uploading to a patient’s chart, etc.).
- Reconciliation of charts / payments in our electronic health record (i.e., entering insurance payments, auditing clinicians’ charts to ensure proper payment has been collected, etc.).
- Managing incoming inquiries on our clinical waitlist.
- Data collection for the COO and CEO (i.e, gathering data for reports for contracts, data associated with bi-weekly payroll, checking clients’ insurance coverage, etc.).
- Weekly meetings with the COO and/or CEO as determined.
- Overseeing all daily office operations and administrative coordination, delegating authority to appropriate staff.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of short- and long-term work plans and objectives for operational functions.
- Attending and participating in clinical and administrative meetings.
- Overseeing and approving office supply inventory, patient flow systems, and communication platforms, possibly including social media and email lists.
- Assisting in business development and marketing tasks, including networking, content creation, and beta testing of new applications.
- Ensuring that our clinic remains a respectful, collaborative space for all co-workers.
Work a standard 40 hour work week M-F 9am – 5pm (with some flexibility/variation)
As an individual, the following must describe you:
- Proactive, initiative-taker
- Outside of the box thinking
- Growth mindset
- A master’s degree from a regionally accredited school.
- An active, unrestricted California license (MFT, LCSW, LPCC, PhD, or PsyD) in good standing with the appropriate governing body (BBS or BOP) OR finished your degree, are registered as an AFMT, APCC, ASW, or Registered Psychologist with your respective board and are close to licensure.
- A minimum of 2 years administrative experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of direct services with teens, adults, and their families (this can include practicum and internship experience).
- Availability for a 40-hour work week, with flexibility for occasional evening and weekend work.
- An active, unrestricted California license (MFT, LCSW, LPCC, PhD, or PsyD) for at least 2 years
- Advanced experience in an operational role in a mental health direct service clinic (more than 2 years).
- Direct management experience
Direct clinical supervision experience
- Experience developing advanced healthcare/psychotherapy systems and workflows
An affinity for technology and its application in healthcare settings.
- Salary: $86,500 – $102,500 per year. Salary is commensurate with license type and relevant experience/training.
- Dental, vision, and health insurance (100% paid for employee)
- 10 paid holidays
- 2-weeks paid vacation
- 401k + employer contribution
- Upload your CV in the appropriate area of the link below (PDF uploads only, please).
- Upload a 3-4-paragraph (maximum) cover letter in the appropriate area of the link below (PDF uploads only, please). In your cover letter please address the four areas in the following order:
- Describe your experience in administrative and operational support roles within a mental health/healthcare direct service clinic (one paragraphs maximum).
- Describe your clinical experience with teens, young adults, and adults (one paragraph maximum)
- Describe your goals in taking an operational role at a mental health practice as a licensed clinician (one paragraph maximum)
- Add anything else you think might be important for us to know about you, personally or professionally, regarding your application for this job (one paragraph maximum).
Please note: We serve teens, young adults, and adults from diverse backgrounds and life experiences. We endeavor to have a provider team that reflects our patient population, so we encourage people with lived experience, people of color, and LGBTQ+ professionals to apply.